Welcome to the Life Is Melody “Outlooks” Reading Room. Here you will find various excerpts from Taoist, Zen, Mahayana, Gnostic, etc traditions presented in uncluttered easy-to-read formats. -A good spot to visit once in a while; to explore, re-charge your batteries, or take a brief timeout from business, tech and news. Enjoy!
Reading Room List (more coming soon):
- Chuang Tzu: Butterfly Dream
- Chuang Tzu: Scrambled About
- Chuang Tzu: What Nu Yu Learned from the Son of Ink
- Chuang Tzu: Should My Arm Become a Rooster, I Shall Herald the Dawn
- Chuang Tzu: The Ideal Person
- Chuang Tzu (7): Hu Tzu and the Shaman, the Death of Chaos
- A Buddhist Bible; preface
- The Perfection of Ultimate Wisdom
- Ch’an Buddhism Before Hui-neng (2 pp.)
- Hui-Neng’s Autobiography (6 pp.)
* * * * *
The material found here is simply meant for: the enjoyment of the casual reader, as a partial refresher or reminder (re-‘no-mind’-er) to those who have spent time with the material in the past, or as a stepping stone to greater study for those with newly piqued interest in any of the philosophical traditions presented herein. They say that the next great ‘wave’ of Buddhist and Zen thought will come from the West, so we’re giving you a heads up on some of that material (and other traditions) in case you haven’t come across it yet.
We do not advocate the use of any organized religion. Any use, misuse, interpretation or misinterpretation of any text resulting in, but not limited to, befuddlement, satori, lessened anxiety or actual bodily harm is solely the responsibility of the reader. The Outlooks Reading Room only aims to provide an inspiring respite conducive to reflection, mischief, humor and no-mind.